SAN FRANCISCO — Kimochi Inc., which is celebrating its 45th anniversary this year. announces the following upcoming events:
• Kimochi San Mateo Benefit Dinner on Saturday, Aug. 27, from 5 to 9 p.m. at College of San Mateo, Bayview Dining Room, 1700 W. Hillsdale Blvd., San Mateo. Emcees: Wendy Tokuda and Mike Inouye. Tickets: $175 per person, $1,750 for table of 10. Contact: Anna Sawamura or Steve Ishii, (415) 931-2294.
• Sixth annual Kimochi Show ‘n’ Shine Car Show on Saturday, Sept.10, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at College of San Mateo, Main Parking Lot, 1700 W. Hillsdale Blvd., San Mateo. Cars, trucks, food, awards. Open to all cars up to 1976. Proceeds support programs and services for seniors. Contact: Steve Ishii, (415) 931-2294, email@example.com.
• Kimochi Golf Tournament on Friday, Sept. 16, at Richmond Country Club, 1 Markovich Lane, Richmond. Shotgun start at 12:30 p.m. Raffle for vacation trips and other pries. Prizes for all par 3 hole-in-ones and closest to the pin. Awards for each flight in addition to field low net (tournament champion) and field low gross. Special senior award. Entry fee: $235, which includes carts, range balls, lunch and dinner. Dinner only: $50. Entry deadline: Sept. 5. Tournament chair: Lowell Kimura, (415) 771-0401, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Toast and Tribute to Steve Nakajo on Saturday, Oct. 15, from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Hotel Kabuki, 1625 Post St., San Francisco. A celebratory luncheon to honor Nakajo’s retirement as executive director after 45 years of leadership and service to Kimochi seniors.
• Kimochi Silver Bells Arts & Crafts and Food Faire on Saturday, Dec. 17, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at The Event Center at St. Mary’s Cathedral, 1111 Gough St., San Francisco. Free admission and free parking (space-available basis). Free Kimochi shuttle service to and from Peace Plaza, Post and Buchanan streets. Contact: Sakura Suzuki or Steve Ishii, (415) 931-2294.
For more information on Kimochi programs and services, visit the administrative office at 1715 Buchanan St. in San Francisco Japantown or go online to www.kimochi-inc.org.