Maikaze Taiko at the 2017 festival.
CUPERTINO — Cupertino-Toyokawa Sister Cities Inc. presents the 36th annual Cupertino Cherry Blossom Festival will be held Saturday and Sunday, April 27-28, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Memorial Park, 21121 Stevens Creek Blvd. in Cupertino.
The festival will feature:
• Arts and crafts vendors — jewelry, clothing, home décor and other gifts
• Japanese cultural exhibits — ikebana, swords, dolls, bonsai, koi
• Delicious Japanese food — sushi, Spam musubi, gyoza, Asian chicken salad, yakisoba, mochi, teriyaki chicken, shave ice, beer, sake
• Live entertainment — taiko, dancing, martial arts, musical groups
• Children’s activities and play area — petting zoo, pony rides, fun activities
• Japanese cultural demonstrations — tea ceremony, origami, calligraphy, sumie-e, soroban